Sunday, March 18, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Well, I've got the whole job thing now and boy does that change your life. I'm working from 7:30ish to 5:30-6:00 about 5 days a week. Its nice but I've had to get used to the Tuesday to Saturday work week. The job itself is good. Its "programming" in that I write code but its more to create reports that the make a program.

So far I'm happy with the company. My co-workers are all very nice as are my bosses. There is definitely a difference in atmosphere between working mainland and working in Hawaii. I find is much better here in a lot of aspects. Its hard to exactly pinpoint how though.

Having the job has cut into time I spent with friends and my other activities (TV, Sleep, Fun, etc.) but that was expected, just don't like it much. I love the paycheck though :-) I've been spending time with Melissa, Jamie and Anastasia when I can. With our schedules I don't see as much of Melissa as I used to though.

Melissa has been busy with teaching her 5 classes at 3 different schools. She's also applying for a position at the art academy to run the whole Art-To-Go program. Hope she gets it :-) Jamie has been doing good too. She is looking for a different job, possibly career too. I think she has even applied to non-government positions! Anastasia is in a bit of a waiting game with the Universities at the moment. I have every confidence that she'll get into her top pick in New York.

Other than that, I've been relaxing at home. I haven't seen many new movies, but I have to say 300 is awesome. Its the best movie I have seen in a long time. I catch a dinner and TV show with Melissa and Jamie when I can. Our Tuesday dinners have been on hold for 2 weeks but should pick up again. I've been contemplating getting the internet at home, but haven't done it yet. If I do it will be with Clearwire service.

Thats about it for a quick recap of my life for the past few weeks.

No comments: