Thursday, December 28, 2006

Catching Up

I've got a admit, I've been a little slow with updating my blog. This hasn't been because of a lack of time as much as I've been a little lazy :-) So since classes have ended I've been looking for a job, and I got a interview at HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union. Its an entry level programming position is a custom in-house language. I'm looking forward to starting to work and I'm anticipating that I'll get the job ;-)

To prepair for the interview I have a nice suit and am getting several letters of recommendation together. One is from Hawaii Council on Economic Education, the company I "worked" for on the software project last semester. Next is from one of my professors, the one who taught the software project. Then I am getting one from my old boss from the computer lab. I figure that should be enough...

My Christmas was nice and peaceful. I opened the presents mom sent me. There are lots of usable items (shampoo, snacks, etc.) and some fun items (SuDoKu book and Rubik Cube, etc.) I got a nice card from Volker and Linda (Uncle and Aunt) which was very nice. Overall I enjoyed everything I got. Anastasia gave me a Starbucks gift card which has already com in handy :-) and Jamie gave me a booklet for the movies (free tickes and snacks) which was very nice. Melissa and I both agreed not to get gifts but she made me a very nice little present containing a note and a drawing she made (she's a very good artist!) I do feel bad for not getting a card though and will have to make it up to her in the future... As for everyone else this year, I'm sorry, not much in the bank for gifts but I'm thinking about sending late Christmas gifts after I get a job :-)

I've been keeping in touch with friends from school. Gabe and I had coffee and talked for a bit yesterday and today I'm supposed to meet up with Hanna for lunch. I had a nice coffee and chat with Anastasia and Jordan the other day and I met up with Chris a little while ago. Melissa and Jamie are out of town with family. I've been keeping in touch with friends back home on and off too. Holly I've been talking to a bit lately and Chrissie seems to be doing just fine. I haven't talked to Stacy in a little while...

I've been mainly relaxing and enjoying my time off (unemployed) a little while looking for a job. I've put in 5 applications at the mall but haven't heard anything back from any of them. I'm going to have to check up on them... In my free time I've been keeping up with my computer skill by writing a little game, not done yet but its been fun making it so far.

Well that should catch everyone up a little on the past week or so of my life. Hope everyone reading this (not sure how many do... post something if you do read this, it would be nice to know) had a great holiday this year and is ready for the new one coming up quickly...

4 comments:

Van-Go said...

Sounds like you are ready for that job!; what are you doing for New Years

Anonymous said...

yay! sounds like you had a great x-mas! i am glad ;o) Thanks for saying i am a good artist! ha ha you are nice. Hey have a great new years! see you soon

Anonymous said...

ohhh yah... and you do owe me a card... ha ha .. but you have to make it!!! ha ha ... was our pinky promise... !!! ha ha - happy 2007

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin. Glad to hear you had a nice holiday and that you received our card. Good luck with the interview and keep on plugging with the resumes, you'll be an asset to any company!