Monday, October 09, 2006

A Week Later

Its been a week sense my last post. Nothing big has happened but a lot of little stuff. Tuesday night was our gathering over at Chris' place. It was my turn to do food but we didn't know for sure if it was on till that day, so I didn't cook anything. I got pizza for everyone instead :-) We watched a movie and talked for a short while. After the gathering Melissa and I stopped off at McDonalds for coffee before heading home.

Thursday was the Poetry Slam at Hawaiian Hut. It was supposed to be a lot of us getting together, but it didn't work out. Chris and Jamie were sick and Richie stayed home to take care of Jamie. Melissa, myself and Melissa's friend enjoyed the show though. The slam is a mini contest in 2 rounds. Everyone who signed up gets to do one poem. Then the top three get to do it again. The night was enjoyable to say the least.

Friday was First Friday. Anastasia, Jordan, Melissa, Melissa and myself went to Bar Next Door for a few drinks. After we walked around some of the galleries. Some of the art is really very nice, others not so much. This week things were kinda dead for some reason, not a lot of people out at all. We ended up going to Murphy's for a late dinner and talking. Anastasia and Jordan headed home and Melissa and I headed to a party that Melissa was invited to. We stayed there for about an hour or so before heading home ourselves.

The weekend itself was nice and relaxing. I had dinner with Anastasia on Saturday before heading to Detox for a show. I had helped the manager of Black Square with something so I was on the "VIP" list for the night, didn't have to pay cover to get in. Three bands played and we all had a good time listening and dancing. Sunday was a nice mellow day. I took care of some homework stuff and just relaxed for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok.. pizza was delicious.. thanks for that!
hawaiian hut was funnnn ( my friend Darren wonnnnn the contest by the way! that was swweet)
friday.. you wrote 2 melissa's.. it was only me.. ha ha Im glad you came to the party Jacob invited me to.. that was fun... I am glad you could get 2 know him a bit more.. nice guy huh?
Saturday.. your hat looked nice! ha ha ... Sashy, you and me all had hats.. ha ha .. cool!
OK bye! see you at Chris's tuesday...